How to do Judy's Magic Cast-OnBack to Search
|Posted: Monday, February 28, 2011|
|Last Updated: Thursday, March 10, 2011|
Our very own Jeanne stars in this knitting instructional article about how to do Judy's magic cast-on. We hope you enjoy it!
1. Start with two DPN's
2. Take out a 10 inch length of yarn from your ball.
3. Loop it around the top needle with the tail coming from underneath. Grab it in-between with your fingers.
4. Take the tail from the right to the back and lay it over your index fingers (it will be twisted). Now the tail is at the back.
5. To get the first stitch on the bottom needle, you bring the needles together and bring the yarn in-between the two needles.
6. Twist your wrist and hand to bring the yarn over the back needle and in-between. Then twist again and bring the loop over the bottom needle and in-between top needle. Use your thumb to bring the yarn over the bottom needle and use your index finger to bring the yarn over the top needle. Keep repeating.
7. Remember, the working yarn is always coming from the back and yarn will be on your right, like you are ready to knit.
8. Take a 3rd DPN and come in-between the two needles and slide off stitch from top needle (needle 1), keep working one stitch at a time. While you are doing this, forget about the bottom needle (needle 2) for now.
9. When you are done knitting the stitches from the top needle (needle 1), now flip your needles clockwise 180 degrees (you will see more space and slack) and with your working yarn still on right hand side, what was the bottom needle (needle 2) is now the top needle. Knit the stitches from top needle (needle 2).
This is a very pretty way to cast on. It is an invisible cast on that is great for socks, starting at the toe!
Posted by Laura of Jimmy Beans Wool
|We hope you enjoy this article! This article and the associated photos are only for personal non-commercial use and are not for resale. All rights reserved. Permission granted by Jimmy Beans Wool and myKnitting.com to copy and share this article for non-commercial personal use. Users do not have permission to display on any retail or wholesale website other than www.https://www.JimmyBeansWool.com and www.myknitting.com without express permission from Jimmy Beans Wool.|