How to do a Plaited Basket StitchBack to Search
|Posted: Thursday, October 7, 2010
|Last Updated: Friday, June 10, 2011
Our very own Jeanne stars in this knitting instructional article about how to do a plaited basket stitch. We hope you enjoy it!
1. Use an odd number of stitches (11 sts in this example).
2. Knit the 1st 2 sts normally.
3. Knit into the back of the 2nd stitch on your left hand needle, leaving the stitch on your needle.
4. Bring you right hand needle around to the front of the work and knit the 1st stitch normally from the front and drop both stitches off of the left hand needle.
5. Repeat across until the last stitch and knit the last stitch, turn your work.
6. Purl the 1st 2 stitches normally.
7. Purl the 2nd stitch on your left hand needle normally, leaving the stitch on your needle.
8. Purl the 1st stitch normally and drop both stitched off of the left hand needle.
9. Purl the last stitch.
Posted by Laura of Jimmy Beans Wool
|We hope you enjoy this article! This article and the associated photos are only for personal non-commercial use and are not for resale. All rights reserved. Permission granted by Jimmy Beans Wool and myKnitting.com to copy and share this article for non-commercial personal use. Users do not have permission to display on any retail or wholesale website other than www.https://www.JimmyBeansWool.com and www.myknitting.com without express permission from Jimmy Beans Wool.