Our very own Jeanne stars in this knitting instructional article about how to join a new ball of yarn into your project. We hope you enjoy it!
Changing to a New Ball of Yarn
1. As you are approaching the end of your working yarn, you can knit a couple of stitches with old yarn.
2. Then take the old yarn and new yarn, (old yarn to the right and new yarn to the left in the video) and knit with them together as if they are one yarn.
3. Knit a couple of stitches with the two yarns held together.
4. Now drop the old yarn and then knit with the new ball of yarn and finish your row as normal.
5. You can come back later and weave in the last little strands of the end of the old yarn and the beginning of the new yarn. They should disappear right into the wrong side of the fabric once they have been washed!
Posted by Doug of Jimmy Beans Wool
We hope you enjoy this article! This article and the associated photos are only for personal non-commercial use and are not for resale. All rights reserved. Permission granted by Jimmy Beans Wool and myKnitting.com to copy and share this article for non-commercial personal use. Users do not have permission to display on any retail or wholesale website other than www.JimmyBeansWool.com and www.myknitting.com without express permission from Jimmy Beans Wool.