Our very own Jeanne stars in this knitting instructional article about how to knit a Lana Grossa Gnocchi scarf.
- crochet hook
- straight needles (US 11 recommended)
1. Make a slip knot in the yarn, between the bobbles.
2. Place the crochet hook through this slip knot.
3. With the knitting needle in your left hand and the crochet hook in your right hand, make sure that the working yarn is UNDER the needle. You can hold it taut with one of your fingers while holding the knitting needles (yes, we need extra fingers at times like these!).
4. Take your crochet hook and hook the working yarn (which is under the needle) between the bobbles if possible, so it forces the yarn to come over the needle, pull it through the slip knot on your hook. You have made one stitch.
5. Then make sure to take the working yarn back around so it sits under the needle.
6. Repeat steps 3 through 5 for as many stitches (minus one) as you need. The last stitch on the needle will be when you remove the loop from the crochet hook and place it on the LH needle. So if you need 8 stitches, cast on 7 with your crochet hook and then use the loop left on the crochet hook for stitch number 8.
We hope you enjoy it!
Posted by Doug of Jimmy Beans Wool
We hope you enjoy this article! This article and the associated photos are only for personal non-commercial use and are not for resale. All rights reserved. Permission granted by Jimmy Beans Wool and myKnitting.com to copy and share this article for non-commercial personal use. Users do not have permission to display on any retail or wholesale website other than www.JimmyBeansWool.com and www.myknitting.com without express permission from Jimmy Beans Wool.