Priced from $21.00 to $47.25
Taken from: Making - No. 8 / Forest "Growth Rings Shawl" - A perfect way to become one with nature! The meditative, winding rows of knitting and purling is perfect for anyone who just wants to relax while they knit up their newest project! Mimicking the growth rings found in tree trunks, this wrap makes for a mesmerizing knit that ends in a gorgeous and unique piece that's reminiscent not only of a tree's growth but your own as well!
Please note: For the Small version of this shawl, rather than using a contrasting color, it is knit in one shade, using purled stitches to achieve the same effect.
(Difficulty: 1 out of 3)
View Other Beginner Kits
- Designed by Ashley Yousling.
- Size US 5 needles (or size needed to obtain gauge) are required but not included.
- Notions required but not included: stitch markers and a tapestry needle.
- Sizes: Small and Large
- Finished Measurements: Smaller version: 39" / 99 cm diameter.
Larger version: 61" / 155 cm diameter
- Gauge: 22 stitches and 32 rows = 4 inches in Stockinette Stitch in the end, after blocking.
- Colors shown are Biches et Buches Le Petit Lambswool in the colors Beige and Red Brown. We do not currently carry these colors, but Cascade 220 Fingering in the colors 2414 Ginger and 8021 Beige.