Priced from $88.00 to $95.99
Taken from: Interweave Knits Summer 2018 "Bent's Fort Cardigan" - Established in 1833 in southeastern Colorado, Bent's Old Fort was built to facilitate the buffalo-robe trade between white settlers and the southern Cheyenne and Arapaho Plains Indians. The Bent's Fort Cardigan is both a blanket and cardigan, worked in a deceptively simple mosaic stitch pattern that emulates the Southwestern aesthetic and the architecture of the original fort.
(Difficulty: 3 out of 3)
View Other Advanced Kits
- Designer: Sue Gleave
- Size 6 (4 mm) straight needles, and size 7 (4.5 mm): 40" circular (or sizes needed to obtain gauge) are required but not included.
- Notions required but not included: stitch holders and a tapestry needle.
- Finished Back Width at Underarm: 18.75 (21, 23.75, 25.25, 26.75)" back width at underarm. Cardigan shown measures 21" on model with 32" bust.
- Gauge: 21 sts and 33 rows = 4" in mosaic patt on larger needle; 20 sts and 29 rows = 4" in St st on smaller needles; 21 sts and 47 rows = 4" in Honeycomb st on larger needle.
- Yarn shown is Brown Sheep Prairie Spun DK. We do not currently carry this yarn, but Berroco Ultra Wool DK is a great substitute!