Priced from $73.00 to $109.50
Taken from "Take Heart": "With a modern cable pattern knit in a glamorous merino and silk blend, this hat and mitten set was the perfect opportunity to play on the geometric theme while also exploring a different technique. The distinguishing feature of the hat is its pattern of repeating raised geometric shapes against the reverse stocking stitch background, while the other side yields a completely different pattern." Choose 2 skeins if you'd like to make either the hat, OR the mitts. If you would like to make the set, you will need 3 skeins.
(Difficulty: 2 out of 3)
View Other Intermediate Kits
- This pattern is from "Take Heart: A Transatlantic Knitting Journey", by Fiona Alice.
- Needles required but not included: Hat - Size US 3-16" circular, 5-16" circular, and size 5 DPNs. Mitts - Size 3 DPN's or 3-32" circular for magic loop method. Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain the correct gauge.
- Notions required but not included: stitch markers, cable needle, and a yarn needle.
- Hat is designed to fit a 20(22)" head, worn with 3-4" negative ease. Mitts are designed to fit hand circumference up to 8(9)' with up to 3" negative ease.
- Gauge: Hat - 26 stitches and 28 rows = 4 inches in twisted rib. Mitts - 32 stitches and 34 rows = 4 inches in twisted rib.
- Yarn shown is Handmaiden Fine Yarn Lady Godiva in Plum. We do not currently carry this yarn, but Tosh Silk Merino is a great substitute.