From the designer - A recent transplant to Reno, I've been endlessly inspired by the Sierra Nevada mountain range that lines the western half of this city. The stitch pattern on the foot of these socks looks just like mountain peaks to me. The combination of silver in the yarn, mountain-like patterning, and the fact that Nevada is the silver state all feels quite serendipitious! Quicksilver socks are aptly named because they work up so darn quickly. This pair of shorties is knit from the toe up, and features a gusset and short-row heel.
SilverSpun® yarn is super unique and incredibly stretchy! Mostly cotton, the addition of silver inhibits the growth of odor causing bacteria (perfect for non-stinky socks... which is, ahem, smart for us all!).
- Download the free pattern for Quicksilver Socks on our site here: (pattern link)
- Designed by Amy Gunderson
- Size US 1 (2.25 mm) set of dpns (or size needed to obtain gauge) are required but not included.
- Notions required but not included: Tapestry needle, stitch markers.
- Sizes: 7.5" circumference; foot length is adjustable
- Gauge: 34 sts x 52 rows = 4" in stockinette stitch.
- Color shown: SilverSpun® in Indigo
(Difficulty: 2 out of 3)
View Other Intermediate Kits
Sorry, but this kit is not currently available. To find a similar kit, use the advanced kit search below.