Hey, knitters! Are you ready for a re-TREAT!? Join us for 4 days of yummy yarn, attending classes, and knitting at the beautiful Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe! Meet with other retreaters who have a passion for the craft and love to learn new techniques and hone their skills! Attend classes, dye your own yarn, and receive exclusive goodies like a custom Madelinetosh colorway and enamel pin (among other yummy things from our sponsors) wrapped up in a della Q bag!
Get to know other like-minded knitters and chat it up with a spectacular view by gathering and just relaxing in the exclusive Jimmy Beans lounge looking over the gorgeous Lake Tahoe. Experience the delicious food in a plated 3-course meal at The Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe and a catered lunch at Jimmy Beans!
Come in and peruse the 22,000 sq. foot Jimmy Beans warehouse (complete with a yarn arcade) between your classes! Try your hand at our claw machine or just wander the aisles in search of that perfect yarn - we don't wanna boast too much, but we've got the goods, hehe!
Located in Incline Village with a waterfront on the gorgeous Lake Tahoe and perfectly nestled into the Sierra Nevada mountains, the Hyatt Regency features a spacious dining area as well as plenty of comfy seating for guests to sit and chat.
If you wish to add an additional night to your stay or wish to have a significant other share meals with you, please contact our customer service team at (775) 827-9276
- Meal Plan For Extra Person: $675
- Additional Night A La Carte: $235
You can cancel without penalty by August 15th. If you cancel after August 15th, you will be charged a $100 fee. Any cancellations after September 1st will not receive a refund.
-Pricing includes lodging, all meals, all classes, and all events hosted by our sponsors and partners.
-Prices include taxes, gratuities and resort fees
-Cost is payable in full or in 4 payments. Please contact customer service at (775) 827-9276 if you wish to do the payment plan
-You may specify a roommate on your registration form (please be sure to send your forms in around the same time), or we will happily match you with one
- Beautiful lakeside resort with access to a private beach
- Fine dining experience included
- 4 class sessions working on a progressive project that use techniques from each teacher
- Unique, hands-on dye class from our color and dye expert from Madelinetosh
- Exclusive Jimmy Beans lounge to relax, knit, and socialize with other retreaters
- One-of-a-kind swag bags that are chock-full with goodies (more on what you can expect to find below!)
- Access to 22,000 sq. feet of yarny goodness in the Jimmy Beans warehouse and yarn arcade
Transportation to and from Reno Tahoe International Airport
- The Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe does not offer a hotel shuttle but recommends North Lake Tahoe Express. They will be happy to pick you up at the airport and drop you at the hotel for $49 (one way) or $98 (roundtrip).
- This shuttle is ADA compliant
- North Lake Tahoe Express
- Travel time to & from Reno-Tahoe International Airport on North Lake Tahoe Express is approximately 1 to 1.5 hours without any unexpected delays depending on stop location.
- Travel time by car from Reno-Tahoe International Airport to The Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe is 45-50 minutes with no traffic.
- Reno-Tahoe International Airport is relatively small but we recommend a 60 minute early arrival window from your flight time, especially if you are checking baggage.
Amy Gunderson learned how to knit while she was a pizza shop owner/operator in 2009. Not long after this, yarn and knitting became her profession. She was the creative director for Universal Yarn from 2011-2019, and is currently the yarn director for Jimmy Beans Wool. She's written two books, and her knit and crochet designs have appeared in most major knitting magazines, including Vogue Knitting, Interweave Knits, Knitscene, Interweave Crochet, Knit.Wear, and more. You can follow her love of knitting and dogs on Instagram with the handle @amyyounggunderson.
Connie, aka yellowcosmo, creates a wide range of sweaters and accessories designs using colorwork, cables and lace. Coming from a studio art background, she often starts her designs with original motifs of her own. Her first love is designing with colorwork, but she also enjoys working with unique combination of cables and lace in her designs. Born in Taipei, she moved with her family to San Francisco when she was in 12. The experience of learning a new language, living in a new culture in a vibrant city built a foundation of curiosity in her. She studied art at University of California at Santa Cruz and later earned her MFA in painting at American University in Washington, DC. She moved to Lake Tahoe for snowboarding and found a job teaching art at a local college; meanwhile she started designing knit patterns. She takes her sense of adventure and her artistic sensibility into her knitwear design, making each design unique and fresh. Connie has published over 100 designs in the past 10 years and her designs appeared in Amirisu magazine in 2014 and 2015.
Rachel is a crafter of many colors and particularly loves knitting, designing patterns and dyeing yarn! Most days she can be found dyeing yarn in her kitchen or designing knitting patterns inspired by the rugged mountains and high desert vistas located just outside her window!
A native of Denmark, Winni Clausen has been knitting for 41 years. She began as a little girl sitting next to her grandmother back in her home country. Winni has extensive training in color studies and sewing. Her passionate fire for knitting really ignited five years ago when she moved to Reno. When searching for her new LYS, she happened upon Jimmy Beans Wool. She then learned how to knit from English patterns and the rest is history! Winni is a speedy and skilled knitter with a broad knowledge of techniques, and knits every moment possible in every day.