Originally from: $58.50 to $98.50
Some options as low as $35.25
Akeley, a generously shaped boxy cardigan, is worked flat from the bottom up with one strand of Reed and one strand of Twig held together throughout. Akeley is knit in three pieces: the back and
fronts are worked even to the underarm, then increased to form the curve of the underarm. Stitches are cast on for the sleeves, which are shaped with short rows and are worked simultaneously with the back and fronts.
(Difficulty: 1 out of 3)
View Other Beginner Kits
- Designed by Sivia Harding.
- Size US 7 - 32" circular needles (or size needed to obtain gauge) are required but not included.
- Notions: Waste yarn, US Size 7 (4.5 mm) crochet hook, tapestry needle are required but not included
- Finished Measurements: 14.75 (22)" width; 66.5 (101.25)" length after blocking.
- Gauge: 21 sts and 27 rows = 4" in stockinette stitch with one strand of each yarn held together.
- Shibui Knits Reed: 2 skeins - Scarf; 4 skeins - Wrap; Shibui Knits Lunar: 1 skein - Scarf or Wrap
Shown in Twilight colorway