Priced from $229.00 to $395.00
Akeley, a generously shaped boxy cardigan, is worked flat from the bottom up with one strand of Reed and one strand of Twig held together throughout. Akeley is knit in three pieces: the back and
fronts are worked even to the underarm, then increased to form the curve of the underarm. Stitches are cast on for the sleeves, which are shaped with short rows and are worked simultaneously with the back and fronts.
(Difficulty: 1 out of 3)
View Other Beginner Kits
- Designed by Tuulia Salmela.
- Size US 6 - 32" circular needles (or size needed to obtain gauge) are required but not included.
- Notions: Stitch holders, stitch markers, tapestry needle are required but not included
- Finished Bust Measurements: 49 (51, 53, 55, 57, 61, 65)" after blocking.
- Gauge: 18 sts and 27 rows = 4" in stockinette stitch with one strand of each yarn held together.
- Shibui Knits Twig - 6 (7, 7, 8, 9, 9, 10) skeins
Shibui Knits Reed - 5 (5, 6, 6, 7, 7, 8) skeins
Shown in Twilight colorway
Colors Available in this Kit