From Bristol Ivy's Knitting Outside the Box: Drape & Fold comes the Gres sweater! Gres is knit in pieces and then seamed. Back and sleeves are shaped conventionally, with armhole and sleeve cap shaping, ending with a saddle. Front is worked with large wings on either side, worked by first increasing out to a large number of stitches on the bias, and then decreasing back down to a point. Afterthought pockets are added when
wings are at their widest point. The top edge of the wings are seamed to the side edges of the back when pieces are complete, which creates the drape in the body.
(Difficulty: 2 out of 3)
View Other Intermediate Kits
- Designed by Bristol Ivy
- US Size 6 (4 mm) 32" circular & set of dpns; US Size 4 (3.5 mm) 16" circular are required but not included.
- Sizes: 1 (2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
- Finished Bust Circumference: 35.5 (40, 44, 48.5, 53, 57.5, 61, 65.5)", to be worn with 0-4" of positive ease
- Gauge: 21 sts x 29 rows = 4" in stockinette stitch, after blocking
- Shown in Neighborhood Fiber Co Studio DK & Moel View Yarn Infallible DK, we recommend Malabrigo Susurro instead (the silk will give amazing drape)! 6 (7, 8, 8, 9, 10, 10, 11) skeins are required.
Sorry, but this kit is not currently available. To find a similar kit, use the advanced kit search below.