Taken from : Carina Spencer's "Catkin"
Catkin is textural, structural, botanical, and modern. It is a union of soft curves and hard lines. It is a shawl, a wrap, a capelet, a scarf... and it's all yours! This unique design is knit seamlessly from the top down in three sections. Section One is knit in crescent shape with or without contrasting lines of garter stitch. Section Two begins a chevron texture pattern punctuated by lines of slipped stitches and raglan increases. In Section Three the slipped lines bloom into catkins that dance along the hem among contrasting garter stripes. A single leaf hangs at the tip of each corner. The catkin and leaf patterns at the hem are all created through the clever use of slipped stitches -- there is no 2-stranded colorwork knitting in this shawl! Only one color is worked at any given time and the only color changes are striping.
- This pattern is from Carina Spencer's Catkin.
- Needles required but not included: US 4 36" or longer circular needle. Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain the correct gauge.
- Notions required but not included: stitch markers, 8 5/8" buttons and a yarn needle.
- Finished Measurements: 50" wide and 18" deep after blocking.
- Gauge: 24 sts and 32 rows over 4" in stockinette.
- Color Shown is Venetian and Ginger.
If you do not see a color combination you like here, please contact our customer service department toll free at: (877) 529-5648 and we can help you create your own custom kit!
(Difficulty: 2 out of 3)
View Other Intermediate Kits
Sorry, but this kit is no longer available. To find a similar kit, use the advanced kit search below.