Some options as low as $12.00
This design is by Monika Evans, and is available for purchase at her Ravelry website. From Monika: "One of my favorite '80s accessories is the headband - keeps your ears and forehead warm without mussing up your hair or resulting in a too hot head. I came up with a version where you can either go John Travolta or Jane Fonda all the way, or make a wider one that still sticks to the general idea, but is a little more practical; and I can totally imagine the kids from the Brat Pack wearing them all the time. The narrow one could also work as a garter in a pinch. :-) The headbands are a great first cable and I-cord project and can be knit by any confident beginner - if you have an I-cord machine, it will be a super-quick knit to boot! Either version does not require much yarn, and you can make them either all in one color or use a contrast for the I-cords. The yarn used here is the limited edition '80s Prom-inspired 'Brat Pack' color by Lorna's Laces in Shepherd Sport; but any fun sport bits from your stash will work just as well."
(Difficulty: 2 out of 3)
View Other Intermediate Kits
- This design is available for purchase at Monika Evan's Ravelry store. Remember to purchase the pattern by following the link provided on this page, as it will not be shipped with the yarn.
- Size US 4 DP needles, and a cable needle are required but not included.
- Gauge: 9.7 stitches and 8 rows = 1 inch in wide cable pattern.
- Color shown is Brat Pack, which is no longer available. It was paired with Charcoal (dark), and La Regina (teal).
- All product pictures are shown at the bottom of this page
- To order, choose your preferred colors and click an "Add to Cart" button
This kit includes:
Colors Available in this Kit