Priced at $15.00
What's better than a free hat pattern? 12 free hat patterns, of course! This year Kelbourne Woolens is releasing a new, free hat design each month made in Germantown. The October Hat is worked in the round from the bottom up. The hat begins with a provisional cast on, and then a deep knit 2, purl 2 ribbing is worked. An intricate, modern cable panel pattern is worked for the body of the hat and integrated decreases shape the crown.
(Difficulty: 1 out of 3)
View Other Beginner Kits
- This design is free from the Jimmy Beans Wool website.
- Size US 5 and US 7 needles (or size needed to obtain gauge) are required but not included.
- Notions required but not included: Crochet hook, stitch markers, tapestry needle, and waste yarn. Optional: Kelbourne Woolens label ,swewing thread, and sewing needles.
- Sizes: One size.
- Finished Measurements: Brim Circumference: 18" (46cm).
Brim Height Folded in Half: 9.5" (24cm).
- Gauge: 1 Cable Repeat 40 sts = 5.5"
28 rnds = 4" in cable pattern.
- Yarn shown is Kelbourne Woolens Germantown in the color 419 Oxford Blue.