Taken from: Rugged Knits "Woolen Explorer" - This unisex cardigan was inspired by the Lopapeysa tradition of decoratively yoked Icelandic sweaters. Ístex's Lettlopi yarn, a worsted, creates a fabric that is incredibly warm and sturdy enough for farm chores, camping, and trekking, and will remain beautiful for generations. It's worked in the round and then a steek is cut open to separate the fronts. Deep pockets make it that much more functional.
(Difficulty: 3 out of 3)
View Other Advanced Kits
- This pattern is from Rugged Knits pg.35 "Woolen Explorer".
- Size U.S. 6 (4 mm): 16" and 32" (40 and 80 cm) long circular needles and set of 4 or 5 double pointed needles (or size needed to obtain gauge) are required but not included.
- Size U.S. 8 (5 mm): 24" and 32" (60 and80 cm) long circulars and set of 4 or 5 double pointed needles (or size needed to obtain gauge) are required but not included.
- Notions required but not included: stitch markers, stitch holders, waste yarn, size C-2 (2.75 mm) crochet hook, tapestry needle, ten 9/16" (14 mm) buttons.
- Finished Bust Measurements: 33.75 (37.75, 41.25, 45.25, 49.25, 53, 57)" after blocking.
- Gauge: 18 sts over 4".
- Yarn shown is Ístex Léttlopi. We do not currently carry this yarn, but Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted is a great substitute..
Sorry, but this kit is not currently available. To find a similar kit, use the advanced kit search below.