Taken from Comfort Knitting and Crochet Afghans: "This design borrows directly from traditional patchwork quilts, using a pattern that some quilters call a cat's tail and others know as snail's trail. Each square begins at the center with two colors and a tight spiral of single crochet; as the square is worked outward, the spirals grow larger and the colors twist around each other. When the squares are joined, they become vibrant whirlwinds. The entire afghan is created with a single stitch, using one color of yarn at a time, yet the results are mesmerizing."
(Difficulty: 2 out of 3)
View Other Intermediate Kits
- The pattern is in Comfort Knitting and Crochet Afghans.
- Size US H and I crochet hook.
- Finished Size: 36" wide and 45" long.
- Gauge: 14 sts and 18 rows to 4 inches.
- Color Shown is #9781 Olive, #9712 Buttercup, #9721 Sprig.
Sorry, but this kit is no longer available. To find a similar kit, use the advanced kit search below.