This design is free from the Jimmy Beans Wool website.
Swans Island Bulky Hats for the Whole Family is a simple hat pattern that includes every size you might need to make a chunky weight hat from Newborn (0-3 months) to XL Adult! This handy pattern will become your go-to hat pattern that you'll make time and time again!
Please note: We've used Swans Island Bulky in both the Natural Colors (Dyed) and Pure Blends (Undyed). We worked with four different colors to create the three hats shown with plenty of yarn left to make 2-3 more hats depending on head size. One skein will make one hat, so using that model, two skeins will make two striped hats which is how this kit is set up. Each kit will make roughly two hats. If you'd like to create your own custom color combo or ask about alternate yarn choices, please contact our customer service team for assistance: (877) 529-5648. Happy knitting!
(Difficulty: 1 out of 3)
View Other Beginner Kits
- This design is free from the Jimmy Beans Wool website.
- Size US 8 & 9- 16" circular, US 9 double pointed needles for all sizes, & US 8 double point needles for two smallest sizes are required but not included. Also, stitch markers, a measuring tape, and tapestry needle are handy to have as well.
- Finished Sizes: 12 (14, 16, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)" brim circumference.
- Gauge: 16 sts and 24 rnds over 4" in Stockinette Stitch.
- Colors shown are: Sea Smoke (Gray), Natural, Vintage Lilac, Bittersweet (Rust).
Sorry, but this kit is no longer available. To find a similar kit, use the advanced kit search below.