Priced at $41.25
From the designer: From time to time, every knitter needs to try something new. The Olof hat is a great project to learn Fair Isle technique. Fair Isle, also known as stranded colorwork knitting, is the perfect way to start experimenting with color and different pattern motifs.
The Olof hat is worked in the round from the bottom up, starting with two rows of 1x1 rib in contrasting color followed by two color 2x2 corrugated rib. The hat body uses 5 different, easy to remember Fair Isle motifs. They can be re-used in scarfs and mittens.
(Difficulty: 2 out of 3)
View Other Intermediate Kits
- Olof Hat is a free pattern download from Knitty.
- Designed by Anna Peterseil
- US Size 3 (3.25 mm) 16" circular; US Size 4 (3.5 mm) 16" circular & set of dpns are required but not included.
- Notions required but not included: Stitch markers, yarn needle
- Sizes: Adult Small (Medium, Large)
- Finished Circumference: 19 (21, 23)"
- Gauge: 25 sts x 28 rows = 4" in stranded knitting with larger needle
- Shown in Rowan Felted Tweed. Version One uses colors (MC) 804 Night Sky, (CC1) 197 Alabaster, (CC2 - band color) 150 Rage. Version Two uses colors (MC) 145 Treacle, (CC1) 803 Winter Blue (CC2 - band color) 181 Mineral. 1 skein each of MC, CC1, and CC2 are required.