Priced from $185.50 to $265.00
Taken from PomPom Quarterly: "With handy pockets and simple texture, Brynja is just the thing to keep you cozy on a winter's eve. Linda was inspired by viking armor, 'hauberk', or long chainmail shirt, also known as Brynja. The mail pattern is made with jump rings, where each ring passes through its four nearest neighbors, giving it a cabled look that is echoed in the stitch pattern used in this cardigan. A classic in the making, we love it with jeans or a floaty skirt, but always with a drink in hand!""
(Difficulty: 2 out of 3)
View Other Intermediate Kits
- This pattern is from PomPom Quarterly, Issue 11, Winter 2014, page 23. Design by Linda Lencovic.
- The following items are required but not included:
Needles:5 mm / US 8 circular needle, 80-100 cm / 32-40" length, 5 mm / US 8 knitting needles suitable for working small circumferences in the round, 4.5 mm / US 7 knitting needles for pocket lining.
Notions: Stitch markers, 2 locking stitch markers, stitch holders or waste yarn, 6 x 12 mm / .5" buttons
- Finished Bust Measurements: 34 (38, 42, 46, 50)" - worn with 0-2" positive ease. Model has 34" bust and is wearing size 34".
- Gauge: 16 sts & 30 rows = 10 cm / 4" in stocking stitch worked flat.
- Color Shown is Kettle Yarn Co. Waltham Aran, Peaky Blinder. We do not currently carry this yarn, but we think Madelinetosh Tosh Chunky will be a great substitute!