Priced at $48.00
Taken from: Making No. 4 / Lines "Raina Shawl" by Andrea Mowry - "In my early twenties, I lived in New Zealand for a year. As I was creating this shawl, I found myself returning to my travels there: imagining the lines of unfurling fern leaves that grow everywhere, and the beautiful tattoos, sculptures, and wharenui (meeting house) of the Maori people. In the Maori language, line is Raina. This beautiful word felt so fitting for this shawl of radiating lines, which reminded me specifically of the ceilings in their meeting houses. The lines working in different directions, built up by short rows, form a knitted fabric to frame your shoulders and warm your neck."
(Difficulty: 2 out of 3)
View Other Intermediate Kits
- This pattern is from Making No. 4 / Lines "Raina Shawl".
- Size US 5 needles (or size needed to obtain gauge) are required but not included.
- Notions required but not included: stitch markers and a tapestry needle.
- Finished Measurements: 80" (203 cm) wingspan and 17" (43 cm) deep at center after blocking.
- Gauge: 18 stitches and 44 rows = 4 inches in garter stitch sts over 4".
- Yarn shown is Brooklyn Tweed Loft. We do not currently carry this yarn, but Berroco Remix Light is a great substitute!