How do I submit an application to the Beans for Brains scholarship program?
Students can apply for the Beans for Brains two ways:
- Students can submit their application using the Google form but will need a Google account and must be signed into their account to fill it out.
- Students can submit their application using a PDF application and if they choose this option they need to contact us at email@example.com and request it.
How do I sign up for a Google account?
Follow the easy instructions on how to create your own Google account.
Create a Google Account - Google Account Help
Who is eligible to apply?
Beans for Brains scholarship is open to all students with a 3.0 GPA and higher that know how to knit, crochet, and/or weave while
attending an approved accredited institution of higher education during the 2021-2022 academic school year. This means any graduating high school seniors, undergraduates,
graduates, and professional school students who major in any course are eligible!
We invite applications from everyone no matter your gender, age, race, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family status,
disability, etc. If you don't see your group in the list above, we encourage you to still apply - diversity is ever-changing and we want to hear from you!
How many scholarships will be awarded?
A total of three scholarships of $2500 each will be awarded to students attending an approved accredited institution
of higher education in the United States.
Can students apply if they have not yet been accepted to an approved accredited institution of higher education?
Yes. Students may apply if they have not
yet been accepted to an approved accredited institution of higher education. If this is the case and such students are awarded a scholarship, verification of enrollment in the
Fall 2021 semester will be required before receiving the funds.
If I am an international student can I apply?
Yes. International students can apply as long as they are or will be attending an approved or accredited
institution of higher education in the United States and enrollment in the Fall 2021 semester.
How do students apply?
Fully complete the application and electronically submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org
with attached photos (see requirements below) of an original knitted, crocheted and/or woven project via the Beans for Brains scholarship.
Both of these components are required to be considered for an award.
What are the requirements for project photos?
There are four requirements for submitting project photos:
- The maximum photo file size that can be accepted is 80KB (kilobytes). All photos must be 80KB or less in order to be considered.
- The minimum photo size accepted will be 800px. It should be at least 800px in width or 800px in height.
- Only .jpg and .png images are accepted.
- Only one image per application, one of your project.
What are the requirements for application submissions?
- Your application must be submitted using the application form available via the Beans for Brains page.
- The picture must be submitted within that form must be in .jpg or .png format.
- Incomplete applications or applications missing required fields will not be eligible for consideration.
What are the requirements for project submissions?
- You can either submit a project of your own design, or you can use someone else's pattern. Either option will grant equal opportunity for consideration.
- Please only submit ONE project.
- The image must match the project described in your application.
Where can students find the application?
Students can download the application here
starting March 5, 2021.
When can students start applying?
Students can start applying April 2, 2021 when the application will be available for downloading.
When is the last day that students can apply?
The last day students can apply is Friday, May 14, 2021. The application and project photos are due by 11:59 PM PST that day. Applications and project photos
received after this time/date will not be considered for an award.
Are extensions ever granted for late applications and project photos?
No. All applications and project photos must be received by the due date. Late applications and project photos will not be considered
for an award.
Can students mail or fax in their application and project photo?
No. Applications and project photos must be submitted electronically via the
Beans for Brains page. Applications and project
photos sent via mail or fax will be discarded and not considered for an award.
How can students verify their application and project photo was received?
Students will receive an e-mail confirmation upon completion of their submission.
If students have questions what should they do?
All questions should be emailed to email@example.com.
Can students call Jimmy Beans Wool to discuss Beans for Brains or if they need help?
No, we ask that students please do not call. All questions/comments regarding the scholarship
should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When will winners be notified and announced?
All winners will be notified on or around June 18, 2021. A Beans for Brains representative will notify awardees via
email or phone.
Will I be notified if I do not win an award?
No, we are only able to notify those who win an award.
When will winners receive their scholarship money?
Scholarship money for winners will be distributed by Beans for Brains directly to the student's approved accredited
institution of higher education starting in July 2021 pending receipt of proof of enrollment.