Our very own Jeanne stars in this knitting instructional article about how to do add cabling to your knitting. We hope you enjoy it!
1. Be sure to count your rows using a locking stitch marker. Hold your stitches to the front or back of work (depending upon your pattern).
2. Cast on twelve stitches.
3. Knit three stitches on the right side of your work. There will be six stitches in the middle.
4. Slip three stitches onto your cable needle and hold to the front of your work.
5. Knit three stitches from the left hand needle and then the three stitches from your cable needle.
6. Knit the last three stitches and you have completed your cable.
Posted by Laura of Jimmy Beans Wool
We hope you enjoy this article! This article and the associated photos are only for personal non-commercial use and are not for resale. All rights reserved. Permission granted by Jimmy Beans Wool and myKnitting.com to copy and share this article for non-commercial personal use. Users do not have permission to display on any retail or wholesale website other than www.JimmyBeansWool.com and www.myknitting.com without express permission from Jimmy Beans Wool.